PTO Meeting

April 6, 2017

President Abby Crock called 7pm meeting to order. Officers Ashley Reiter, Heather Saling, Kristen Huck, teachers/staff Audrey Cordray, Jenny Rucker, Mary Pangle, Mindy Theobald, Tiffany Speck, and 4 additional parents were in attendance.

The minutes of the March meeting were read and approved by Mindy Theobald, second by Stacey Lowe.

Treasurer Heather Saling made the treasurers report. It was approved by Megan Astorga and second by Stacey Lowe.

In old business, a Box Tops check should be coming and Stacey will be mailing more in at the end of May. Finishing touches are being put on the Spring Fling. Signs will be hung up at the Spring Fling showing the new playground equipment. Recreation donated pop, buns, and hot dogs. A thank you note will be sent to recreation thanking them for their donation. Mother Son fishing day is scheduled for May 6th from 10-11:30.

In new business, Teacher Appreciation Week is May 1-5. Stacey Lowe is making up a flier to send home to students. Heather Saling is making chocolate suckers for the teachers. A motion was approved to reimburse Heather up to $100 for supplies. Abby is going to make event outlines for each event covering tasks required for each event. A PTO google pages was discussed were PTO fliers can be posted and multiple people can have access to them. Meeting times were discussed. It was mentioned that since the meetings have been moved to 7pm, teacher participation has drastically decreased. This was tabled until the August meeting.

The final PTO meeting for the 2016-2017 school year will be Thursday, May 6th at 7pm.

Mary Pangle made a motion to adjourn, second by Stacey Lowe.

Respectfully submitted,

 

Kristen Huck

Secretary

PTO Meeting

March 9, 2017

 

President Abby Crock called the 7pm meeting to order. Officers Ashley Reiter and Heather Saling, teachers/staff Rebecca Johnson and Mindy Theobald several additional parents were in attendance.

 

The minutes of the February meeting were read and approved by Kristen Long, second by Megan Astorga.

 

Treasurer Heather Saling made the treasurers report. Megan Astorga approved and second by Jennifer Hayes.

 

In old business, it was reported that 4,000 box tops were mailed in. The Father Daughter dance went very well. After expenses around $50 was profited. It was noted that in the future 90 minutes would be a better length of time than 2 hours. The parent teacher conference dinner was appreciated by the teachers. Next year PTO will need to look for more cost efficient ways to provide this meal. Mrs. Johnson noted that she has access to catering warmers that we could possibly use in the future. Wacky Wednesdays and Fun Fridays were said to be well received by the students and staff. This is something we will continue to do. It was decided to wait until next year to order and sell additional smencils.

 

In new business, the Spring Fling is Friday, April 7th. Chairpersons for the event are Megan Astorga and Heather Saling. The Mother Son Fishing Day will be Saturday, May 6th. Ashley Reiter will chair the event. Fliers with an RSVP will need to go home with students. Abby Crock will contact Jim Mizik to clear the date with the soil and water committee. Mrs. Johnson discussed the installation of the new playground equipment and said a playground work day will need to be set in early summer. PTO will provide lunch to any volunteers.

 

Remaining PTO dates:

Thursday, May 4th

 

Megan Astorga made a motion to adjourn and second by Kristen Long.

 

Next meting will be on Thursday, April 6th at 7pm.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Kristen Huck

Secretary

PTO Meeting

January 12, 2017

 

Vice President Ashley Reiter called the 7:00 meeting to order. Officers Ashley Reiter, Heather Saling, Kristen Huck, teachers/staff Tiffany Speck, Rebecca Johnson, Mindy Theobald, and 4 additional parents were in attendance. The minutes of the December meeting were read and approved by Tiffany Speck, 2nd by Mindy Theobald. Treasurer Heather Saling gave the treasurers report. It was approved Mindy Theobald and 2nd by Megan Astorga.

 

A Box Tops update was given. A check for $1,652.40 was received.

 

A picture will be taken to put in the Journal to advertise the PTO's donation. It was decided that the picture will be taken after all the new equipment is set up.

 

The Father Daughter Dance is scheduled for February 17th from 6-8pm.

 

The Spring Fling is scheduled for April 7th. Heather Saling and Megan Astorga are the chairpersons.

 

A date needs to be set for the Mother Son fishing day. A chairperson is also needed.

 

Stan is currently trying to raise money for a digital sign like the one that was recently purchased for the high school.

 

The winner of the door prize was Jennifer Hayes.

 

Becca made a motion to adjurn and 2nd by Megan Astorga.

 

Next meeting will be Thursday, February 2nd at 7pm.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Kristen Huck

Secretary

 

PTO Meeting
February 2, 2017

Vice President Ashley Reiter called the 7pm meeting to order. Officers Heather Saling, Kristen Huck, teachers/staff Mandy Yurco, Janet Crum, Mindy Theobald, and 5 additional parents were in attendance.

The minutes of the January meeting were read and approved by Kristen Long, second by Stacey Lowe.

Treasurer Heather Saling made the treasurers report. Megan Astorga approved and second by Kristen Long.

In old business, Stan Randolph is still working on raising funds for a digital sign that would go outside the elementary school.

In new business, desserts are needed for the dinner the PTO is providing for the teachers during parent teachers conferences on Thursday, February 16th. The father daughter dance is scheduled for Friday, February 17th from 6-8pm. Volunteers and cookies are needed. The Spring Fling is scheduled for Friday, April 7th. A letter is being worked on to drop off at local businesses asking for donations. An Easter Bunny costume is also needed for the event. The mother son fishing day is scheduled for Saturday, May 6th. Ashley Reiter will be the chairperson and volunteers are needed.

Remaining PTO meeting dates were set as follows: Thursday, March 2; Thursday, April 6; and Thursday, May 4;

Mrs. Johnson asked for approval to use the bounce house for the Dr. Seuss birthday celebration to be held on Thursday, March 2nd.

Mandy Yurco made a motion to adjurn and second by Megan Astorga.

Next meeting will be on Thursday, March 2nd at 7pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Kristen Huck
Secretary

PTO Meeting
December 1, 2016

President Abby Crock called the 7:00 meeting to order. Officers Abby Crock, Kristen Huck, Ashley Reiter, Kristen Long, Heather Saling, teachers/staff Tiffany Speck, Mary Pangle, and 5 additional parents were in attendance. The minutes of the November metting were read and approved by Mary Pangle and 2nd by Tiffany Speck. Treasurer Kristen Long gave the treasurers report It was approved by Bridgette Thomas and 2nd by Heather Saling.

The treasurer position that was tabled at an earlier meeting was voted on. Heather Saling was nominated for treasurer by Megan Astorga and 2nd by Bridgette Thomas.

A check for $1,062.42 was received for BoxTops.

The fall festival was successful and made a profit of $2,966.93. It was noted that the pulled pork that was bought from Tim Parsons was a huge hit.

Community Christmas raised $925. It was mentioned that in the future since the PTO has now taken over the Community Christmas that maybe more could be put into the Community Christmas and do away with the Fall Festival.

Several orders were received from the fall t-shirt order fundraiser. The items will be in by Christmas break. It was mentioned that next year it may be worth spending a little extra money on printing the order forms in color.

The Winter Soup-er Bowl Cookoff was discussed and tabled until the January meeting.

A request from Mrs. Johnson to approve a $10,000 payment towards new playground equipment was discussed. A motion was made by Megan Astorga and 2nd by Heather Saling. It was discussed that this contribution should be advertised with a picture in the Journal.

It was clarified that aides are eligible for $100 reimbursement for items approved by the teacher they are working under, as long as the aide meets the same volunteer requirements as the teachers.

Giving away a door prize at the January meeting was discussed as well as doing an all call to remind parents and teachers of the meeting. A discussion was also held about typing something up that has all the future meeting dates on it and sending it home with the students.

Mary Pangle made a motion to adjurn and 2nd by Bridgette Thomas

Next meeting will be on January 12th at 7pm.

Respectfully submitted,
Kristen Huck
Secretary

 

Articles View Hits
1209217